Sirloin Steak with black garlic butter, asparagus & oven baked chips
This sirloin steak recipe is really simple to cook and takes around 30 minutes, with the majority of that time to allow the oven baked chips to get nice and crispy.
And if you can, try to pair the steaks up with locally grown asparagus. Traditionally the British asparagus season runs from May until the end of June (dependent on the weather)
Serves: 2 people
- Oven preheated to 220oC/200oC fan. Remove the steak from the fridge and leave to come to room temperature.
- Brush a baking tray with oil, scatter the chips, brush a little more oil over the chips and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Boil a pan of salted water and plunge the asparagus into the water, leave for minute remove, drain and set the asparagus aside.
- Melt the butter, add in the crushed black garlic.
- When the chips are nearly ready, place a griddle pan over a very high heat, brush the sirloin steaks with oil, season well and place on the heated griddle. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side, remove from the pan, cover with foil and leave to rest.
- Place the asparagus into the hot pan, griddle the asparagus, turning them frequently for a minute or two. Brush the asparagus with the melted butter.
- Serve together with the rested steak and chips.