Ham And Cheese Pancakes
This Pancake Day, try making our Ham and Cheese pancakes - they are truly a savoury delight!
Made with 'Sussex Charmer' Mature Cheddar Cheese, this easy recipe will melt in your mouth, and is great to enjoy for lunch or dinner.
Makes approx 8 pancakes
For the Pancakes
200g Plain Flour
2 Simon’s Free-Range Eggs
550 ml Aldhurst Farm Whole Milk
South Downs Butter, melted for frying
For the Filling
200g Sussex Charmer Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
300g Gloucester Old Spot Sliced Ham, diced
- Sift the flour into a bowl along with the salt, break in the eggs.
- Gradually add in half of the milk, beating to make a smooth paste.
- Pour in the remaining milk whisk and leave to stand for around 30 minutes.
- With a 20cm/8” frying pan over a medium heat, brush the base with melted butter.
- When the pan is hot, ladle in approximately 80-100mls of the batter, tilting and swirling the pan so the batter covers the base.
- Cook until the pancake moves around the pan freely, toss the pancake over and cook for a further minute until golden. Keep the pancakes warm and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Divide the filling between the pancakes and either fold them over or roll them up.
- Brush the frying pan with butter and over a medium heat, fry each pancake again for a minute on both sides, serve warm.