Gammon with a PIneapple and Spiced Rum Glaze
Spice up your cooking with some pineapple and rum! This easy to make glaze is a perfect match for our Gloucester Old Spot Gammon Joint.
Ideal to serve with some simple, seasonal greens.
Makes: serves 4-6 people
Ready in : roughly 2hrs
1 Onion, peeled and quartered
½ tsp Allspice Berries
400g Pineapple, fresh or tinned
100g Light Brown Sugar
1½ tsp Ground Allspice
30g Fresh Ginger, finely grated
1. Preheat oven to 160oc fan.
2. Place the gammon fat side up in a lidded casserole pot, add the onion and the all spice berries. Pour in water to half way up the gammon, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Place the pot in the oven and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the glaze, place all the ingredients into a bowl and using a hand bender whizz everything up. Transfer to a saucepan and simmer until thick and syrupy.
4. Take the gammon from the pot and remove any skin and score the fat.
5. Place the gammon on a roasting tray and brush well with some of the glaze, bake the gammon for a further 30 minutes, brushing regularly with the remaining glaze.
6. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave to rest for before serving.