Easy to Cook Chilli Con Carne
Try this easy to cook Chilli Con Carne with an optional, secret ingredient... dark chocolate!
Serve with a rice, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime.
Serves 4 people
2 Red Onions (medium), finely diced
1 Red Pepper, finely diced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tbsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Chipotle Chillies
1 heaped tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Ground Cumin
330g Minced Beef
2 tbsp Tomato Puree
250ml Beef Stock
1 can Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Sugar
1 can Kidney Beans, drained
2 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tbsp Worcester Sauce
20g Dark Chocolate ( optional)
Olive Oil for frying
Salt & Black Pepper to season
- Using a large shallow lidded pot, fry the onion, red pepper and garlic in olive oil, uncovered over a medium heat until they begin to soften, add in the spices and fry for a further minute. Add in a splash more oil, then add in the beef mince, break it up into small pieces continue to fry over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in 2 heaped tbsp tomato puree then deglaze the pan with the beef stock.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, sugar, kidney beans, and lime juice followed by the Worcester sauce.
- Give it a good stir then pop on the lid, turn down heat to low and simmer for 1 hour giving it an occasional stir.
- Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens, season with salt & black pepper. Chop the chocolate up and stir through.
- Serve with coriander flecked rice, a dollop of sour cream and a wedge of lime.