Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Use our Chorizo Style Sausages to create this colourful, 'one-pan' take on the traditional Spanish rice dish, paella.
Ideal to serve on its own, straight from the pan.
Makes: serves approx 4 people
Ready in : roughly 50 mins
6 Hill House Farm Chorizo Style Sausages
1 medium Onion, diced
1 medium Red Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1½ tsp Smoked Paprika
400g Chicken Breast, cubed
1 pinch Saffron, steeped in 50mls hot water
250g Paella Rice
800 ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock, hot
150g Garden Peas, defrosted
15g Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 tbsp Oil, for cooking
1. Heat the oil in a paella pan over a medium heat. Add in the Chorizo Style Sausages and cook for 10- 12 minutes until evenly browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan, leave to rest and slice into 2 cm pieces.
2. Add the diced chicken to the pan and gently fry until just cooked through, remove and set aside.
3. Fry the onion and pepper and over a medium heat, stirring frequently for 10 minutes until soft. Add the chopped garlic and paprika.
4. Stir through the paella rice, then add the saffron and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and chorizo sausage and cook for 10 minutes , loosening the rice with a little more hot water if needed.
6. Stir in the peas and remove the pan off the heat, cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes, sprinkle over the chopped parsley before serving.